Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

This is the first Thanksgiving I have ever spent without my family. Luckily I survived. We went to our friends, the Bushmans', house. Jess and I split up the cooking and ended up with waaay too much food. Dan kept asking me how many people I expected to be eating and if I knew that a recipe could be cut in half. They are from Utah and don't know the Texan philosophy, more food is always better. I am thankful for so many things that I know I couldn't name them all. I can't believe how happy we are with the life we are living. I am so grateful for my family and how we have stayed close even though we are far apart. I am also grateful for our friends who have made California feel like home.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Kristin, I'm glad you have good friends in California, and I'm even MORE glad that you'll be spending Thanksgiving 2008 in The Natural State, with us. :)