Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthday Fun!

I had a GREAT b-day weekend! It all started on Friday when Brandon surprised me by taking the day off. He sent Colleen and I to Butler's Orchard to go Blackberry picking. I love blackberries and have been looking forward to this for a while! I have never seen blackberries this big. Colleen and I were in awe the whole time we were there. On Friday night Brandon and I were able to go on a date. We went to dinner and a movie and had a great time being with each other without having to be Mommy and Daddy. When we picked up the kids around midnight we were surprised to find them still awake. They didn't get to bed until around one so we slept til noon as a family! Talk about a great birthday! Brandon also surprised me by getting a new dining room table that we have been talking about for a while. I have wanted one like this since we lived in California! The Martin family came over for my b-day dinner of BBQ, potato salad, fruit salad, and homemade ice cream. I had a great b-day weekend!

Our new table seats 6 and extends to a large square to seat 8!!

B-day dessert.

Brandon couldn't find the right numbers, so I turned 76 this year!

Look at that HUGE blackberry! Soooo Good.

That is 14 lbs of blackberries and almost 3 lbs of raspberries. We had to fight the bees for the raspberries.







3 comments:

Jenalyn said...

I'm jealous of those blackberries. YUMMMMMM! I love your new table and chairs! I'm glad that you had a good B-day weekend.

thebush3 said...

Is that Butlers outside of Barnesville, not far from Sugarloaf Mnt? If it is, I grew up right in that area.

thebush3 said...

I went to Elem school in Barnesville - the Barnesville school, I lived in Poolesville while in high school, I lived in Dickerson while I was young - went to church in Germantown - those are my old stomping grounds - haven't been there in 13 years - I am sure that they are very different now.