Friday, June 5, 2009

A Great Day!

Today has been a relaxing, fun, quality family time day! It has been raining off and on all week and we have done every crafting project I can think of. Today started off with everything going wrong while I was fixing breakfast and I found myself starting the day off very angry. While the kids and I prayed to bless the food we also prayed that Mommy would have patience and a good day. I am amazed at how my day turned around! I gave up on trying to have a structured craft or activity and we had a movie day instead. I got out the kids tent and set it up in the living room with pillows and blankets. We have eaten cookies, popcorn, marshmallows, sandwiches and mac and cheese. Brandon also surprised me by coming home for the day at 12:45. The laundry is not done, the beds are not made, the living room is a mess...this is the greatest day! I love our home and the little family in it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good day.

Becca said...

This is a greatpost. It does sound like the perfect day! I don't want to get to that stage where I'm looking back and wishing I could have my kids home again--I need to enjoy them NOW.

Janelle said...

I'm impressed! What a great way to turn your day around and make some great memories! Remember our movie days with Anne of Green Gables? Love you!

Jenalyn said...

Oooo, I want to come over and hang out in your tent! Sounds like a great day. I love prayer!