Sunday, August 29, 2010

4000 miles in 18 days!


Our first stop, Lafayette, LA.  We drove for two long days but we finally made it!  The first day on the road was the hardest.  I thought I was being well prepared by bringing the kids coloring books and games.  I didn't think about them getting carsick.  After Jacob threw up twice, we decided to stick to watching movies the whole time.  Other than the carsickness, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the kids did in the car.  We took out one of the seats in the van and had all three kids on the bench seat.  When Peyton got fussy, both Jacob and Zoe would start playing with him.  Hearing them laugh and play together was the BEST.

We had a great time visiting with everyone in Louisiana!  Peyton got to meet his Mimi, Pawpaw and Great Grandma.  We played hard during the day and slept hard too.
Jacob caught a fish but wasn't really happy about it squirming on the hook!
Pawpaw's shop is everyone's favorite place to hang out.
Pawpaw is playing with the kids and their new toys.
Mimi and Peyton
I have no idea how or why this happened.  All of the sudden I turned around and saw little booty cheeks!
Playing on Pawpaw's new mower.
Jacob is all about safety with that helmet on,
Great Grandma and Peyton
On Sunday, my birthday, we got in a water fight.  I say that Brandon started it but he begs to differ.  This is our homemade slip and slide.  Plastic tarp + water + liquid soap = lots of fun!
Jacob's thoughts, "You mean I get to spray you with your clothes on and not get in trouble?  This is the best day EVER!"
I am trying to hold my own here but Brandon's Dad wasn't helping me.  In the midst of the water fight, Carl kinked my hose so Brandon could douse me.  So not fair!!
Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Geez, about time. Its like you are too busy w/ a house full of kids or something.

Love the booty picture. That is one to frame until it will be too embarrassing for her!