Sunday, November 23, 2008

Leaving California


Last Thursday we had our final inspection on our house and hit the road for San Angelo, Texas. While Brandon and I were preparing to leave I got a bit sentimental. We have been looking forward to moving back to Texas for so long that I didn't really stop to think about leaving California. As Brandon and I talked about the memories we made in Monterey, we realized that it was our first real home. I know that we lived other places but this was the first time that we really had a home. We have worked in restaurants for so long that we never knew what it was like to sit down for dinner together every night of the week. This is the first time we have lived far enough away from family that we really had to go out and make new friends. We were lucky to have made such good friends. We made so many memories in our home in Monterey that we will never forget. I am so glad that our first military experience was a good one. I can honestly say that I will miss Monterey.

Here is a picture of the kids "helping" us load the U-haul.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Yay! I'm excited you'll make it back to home sweet Texas--and I totally understand the sadness aout moving. But it's easier to do the leaving than to be the one left behind. I feel bad for all your friends who will be missing you!