Saturday, November 15, 2008

Worried Mom

Usually I am not the kind of Mom to freak out and rush her child to the ER, but today I was. We are getting ready to move this week so, of course, our house is chaotic. Zoe was playing with a plastic hour glass from a board game...at least we thought it was plastic. Being the curious child Zoe is, somehow she pulled the plastic apart and got to the piece on the inside. That piece was glass. When we found her, some of the glass had been broken and a piece was missing. Also, the sand on the inside was wet from her sucking on it. I decided that the possibility of Zoe swallowing glass was a good reason for the ER. Zoe had x-rays and she is fine. They wanted her in a gown for the doctor to examine her and I just thought she looked so cute.







2 comments:

Jenn said...

I totally know what you mean about not being the type to rush to the ER but I think in this case you made a good call. Broken glass is definitely not something to mess around with. Especially if you know she had part of it in her mouth. I'm glad that she is just fine but still better to be safe than sorry.

Bugs Mama said...

wow...that is SCAAAARY! I can't imagine the feeling while waiting for the results. At least she was adorably dressed!