Friday, September 25, 2009

Snakes in the City

Zoe found a snake in our house this afternoon! She pointed at it saying "Snake!" over and over. I didn't really take it seriously until Brandon yelled, "There's a snake in the house!" Luckily it was a garden snake. After the herding method didn't work, I got a stick from outside. I was able to pin its head down and pick it up. After letting our kids and neighbor kids touch it, we let it go-away from our house. Lucky for the snake, Brandon didn't get it. He said he wouldn't be able to handle the wiggling and would have killed it. He can kill all the spiders he wants (I can't stand spiders) but a little guy like this wasn't so bad.





2 comments:

Jenkins' Family said...

Oh Kristin, I don't know how you can handle this and not spiders!!! I can't handle either. I got squirmy just looking at the pictures!

Bugs Mama said...

yeesh. Snakes give me the willies. So do all creepy crawlies. You are much braver than I am (I got bit by our "pet" ribbon snake 15 years ago and don't have a fondness for them in the least)