Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fun in the Sun

We have been able to test out two of the beaches here and look forward to trying all of them.  We have been to the Hickam Beach, which is small but close to home and the Bellows AFB beach.  Bellows is by far our favorite of the two.  It is much bigger and has great boogie boarding waves.  All of our kids love going to beach but the hardest one to control is Peyton.  His entire mission is to get to the water at all costs.  I never knew his chunky little self could move that fast!  He gets knocked down by waves and just laughs.  Zoe likes the water but had a bit of a scare.  One wave knocked her down while the other wave went over her.  I pulled her up and everything was fine, but she was more interested in building sand castles for the rest of the day.  Jacob loves everything about the beach.  He went boogie boarding a few times with Brandon.  He loved it but his white knuckle grip on the boogie board tells me he was a little nervous about it.  I caught a great wave on my first time out but got swallowed by a wave after that.  I got hit pretty hard again on the very next wave.  I hung up the towel after that.  A pregnant woman can only take so much.  Brandon is a boogie boarding natural.  We need to go to the beach on a date without the kids so we can spend more time playing in the water than chasing Peyton. 

Another plus about Bellows is Keneke’s Shaved Ice.  I have found a new addiction.  Everywhere we go, I scope out the shaved ice.  We have had some at the mall and at the stadium swap meet but these don’t compare to Matsumoto’s and Keneke’s.  I will have to do more research to figure out which one is my favorite.  While Matsumoto’s has more flavors, Keneke’s is literally on our favorite beach.  Having shaved ice after a day at the beach is what it is all about!

Naika helped us keep tabs on our little maniac.




1 comment:

the ohana said...

It was a fun day! I'm glad you guys found Keneke's. Make sure you get the ice cream next time!.. Where are your boogie boarding pix?