Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our Move to Hawaii

Our move to Hawaii started on December 6th and is ongoing.  The movers packed up our entire house on Monday and loaded it into the crates on Tuesday.  On Wednesday the cleaning began.  The cleaning really wasn’t the hard part.  It was all of the last minute appointments and errands that had to be run.  Luckily, we had some wonderful friends that watched the kids for us on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  We moved into a hotel on Wednesday night and that made life a little rough.  I think Charlie might have eaten some stale dog food that was behind the fridge because she was sick for three days.  Having all the kids and a dog that is throwing up stuck in a hotel room was interesting to say the least.

Friday, December 10th was the big day.  This was the day we moved to Hawaii and were officially homeless.  We got to the Airport at 5:45 AM so we would have time to check all of our 13 bags and Charlie.  This day went surprisingly well.  The kids did great!  Everyone around us was impressed with how well the kids behaved on two 5-6 hour flights.  I on the other hand I had a rough time.  Hormones!  I mean seriously!  One of the flight attendants was pretty rude to me and I broke down into tears.  On any other day this wouldn’t have phased me, but once I started crying, I couldn’t stop.  It was pretty embarrassing.  By the end, I think I was crying because I was upset with how hormonal I was being.


Everything that day and since we got here has gone so incredibly smoothly it is amazing.  Brandon’s military sponsor, James and the Addington’s have made this move really smooth.



Bedtime in the hotel

Sleeping on the plane.  It didn't last long!

No comments: