Friday, February 15, 2008

Family Adventures

Well, this is our first full family sickness. This adventure is definately not one I would choose but is one that was bound to happen eventually. Jacob started getting a cold about a week ago. He had the usual cough, congestion and fever for three days. This all happened over last weekend so of course the doctors office was not open. He didn't have a high enough fever for me to really worry but on Monday we took the kids to the doctor anyway. At this point, Zoe had started coughing but had no fever. The doctor told us Jacob had gotten past the worst of it and just needed it to run its course. Zoe's ears looked good and without a fever there wasn't much to worry about. Throughout this past week Jacob slowly got better while Zoe slowly got worse. Today is the second day Zoe has had a fever and, of course, we are going into another weekend. We thought Jacob was on the up and up until he started holding his ear and screaming today. I took him to the clinic this afternoon and found out he now has an ear infection...not fun. To make things even more fun, I have started showing signs also. Luckily, this is a long weekend for Brandon, so I will have some help with the kids. I have been stuck in doors for the last week and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. Pray for my sanity :) I hope everyone else out there is doing well.

No comments: