Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Traveling with 2 kids

Just to let everyone know, we are in Texas, safe and having a good time. Getting here on the other hand wasn't a very good time at all. Here was our original plan. Leave Monterey, CA 11:00AM, change planes in LA with a 1 hour lay over, and be in Austin, TX at 6:30. Sounds great right? Well, it didn't happen that way.

Our 11:00 clock flight was moved to 6:45AM so of course we missed that one. They got us on a flight that left at 2:40PM so we hung out at the airport until then. That wasn't so bad because the Monterey airport is tiny. The bad part was that we had a 3 hour lay over in Los Angeles which meant we didn't even get to Austin until 11:55 PM. Yeah...I know!

I won't go into the details but let's just say we were all very happy when we finally got in our beds that night. Zoe didn't sleep all day and Jacob was actually begging me to read him a story and go to bed (that is NOT normal).

We are here, we are safe and not looking forward to the flight back!

2 comments:

Heather's Blog said...

Ummm...hello? YOUR in Texas!??? I feel so close to you! I should drive down and see you! I can't believe that Brandon will be gone for a month. I'm glad that you were able to go be with family in Texas.
Traveling with kids is NEVER easy. The airlines always seem to mess it up somehow. Fun times. Tell everyone howdy from me. :)

Jenkins' Family said...

I'm glad you made it safe...enjoy your time and hopefully the traveling back will better.