Monday, August 31, 2009

All About Jacob

Today was Jacob's first day of school! He has never been to any kind of day care so this was a traumatic experience...for me! We have been talking about going to school for a while. Last night we put his backpack together and set his clothes out. He would have slept with his backpack on if I would have let him. The first thing out of his mouth this morning was, "I get to go to school now? It's not dark any more?" Gosh, I love this kid! He goes to school from 9:20-12:00. Zoe and I went grocery shopping and I wasn't rushed! Crazy feeling. As we drove away from school I asked Jacob what he learned at school today. He said, "Um, I learned how to play!" I am so glad he had a good time!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

What a special day! He looks totally elated which is a good thing! Wish I could hug him.

Melissa said...

What a big boy!

Bugs Mama said...

Awww, what a sweet boy! He looks so happy and excited. Glad his first day went well. Here's to many many more!

thebush3 said...

Were you a big mommy and not cry - I can't say that I didn't, but now I am a big mommy and I don't cry anymore.

Kathryn said...

Oh my gosh... that is so cute. I'm glad he loves school, let's hope it lasts his lifetime :).