Monday, August 31, 2009

Brotherly Love

This past weekend Jacob felt Peyton kick for the first time. At first, you could tell that he was faking it or just didn't understand what it would really feel like. When he actually felt Peyton, he jumped back and yelled, "He kicked me!!" Then, Jacob put his ear to my belly to "hear" Peyton. He jumped back and yelled, "He kicked me in the ear!" Jacob then tried to look in my belly button to see Peyton...no such luck. Jacob is now getting a bit frustrated so he pushed on belly a bit and we had this conversation,

Jacob: "Mommy, Peyton needs to come out."
Me: "No, he isn't ready to come out yet. We have to wait a little bit longer."
Jacob: "Is he going to come out of your mouth?" (As he forces me to open wide to look down my throat.)
Me: "No?" (wondering where this conversation is going.)
Jacob: "Is he going to come out your belly button?" (As he tries to "see" Peyton again)
Me: "Your getting closer."

Thankfully with this answer, Jacob was satisfied. I really don't think I am ready for that conversation yet. I am afraid when Peyton actually gets here Jacob is going to want answers. Has anyone opted for a c-section just because it is easier to explain to a 4 year old? :) If any of y'all have tips about what/how to tell him let me know.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I had a friend tell her kid that mommies have a magic tunnel and that is where the baby comes out. I'd be afraid if he'd ask to see my magic tunnel though!

Bugs Mama said...

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/secondpregnancy/a/babiescomefrom.htm

Bugs Mama said...

Austin read your post (or actually I read it aloud to him because it's funnier that way). He thought it was hilarious...then wanted to know what you're going to say?