Monday, August 24, 2009

My Latest Project

I have been working on a quilt for Zoe's "big girl bed" for the past 3-4 months. I am finally finished!!! I am wanting to make her room a garden/picnic theme. With my new embroidery machine I have been able to add some fun stuff. These pictures aren't in the order I wanted them but here they are.
This is on the bottom corner on the back.

Zoe will have ladybugs on her wall eventually.

She has two flower wall lamps that we painted purple.


Front and part of the back.

The whole front.
This is the most difficult quilt I have ever done and I am glad I am finished!

10 comments:

thebush3 said...

OK that is a ton of work and the fact that it took you that long - I would have abandoned the project long ago. I am about to make Bryce a turtle sleeping back for Christmas (it really is pretty easy - just like making 2 quilts, sewing them together and then putting a head, feet, and a tail on. Hopefully it works out though. I was going to start it with Dan being in Korea - yeah that hasn't happend, I just put my feet up at the end of the day and now with Bryce in preschool I use that time to take care of stuff for Dan's company and cleaning - I will get to it before Christmas I hope.

Bugs Mama said...

Wow...that's impressive!!

Amanda said...

Wow, that is really awesome! I'm so impressed. I've made three blankets/quilts so far, but nothing quite as intricate as that. Nicely done!

Melissa said...

That is adorable. Just don't invite any ants to the picnic. Though, it is OK for aunts to come, right???

Glenene said...

I'm impressed!!

Jenkins' Family said...

This is SO adorable! Way to go Kristin!

Lauren said...

Wow, Stin!
How much does my Zoe-bear love it? Does she know how lucky she is to have you as a mom? I'll remind her when I come to visit.

Janelle said...

OMG--beautiful quilt! I love the lady bugs; a perfect fit for Zoe. You really did a wonderful job on this! She's a lucky little lady. Love you.

Jenalyn said...

WOW!!!!! That is all...Wow! You always impress me.
I can't wait to see ya'll this weekend!

Cami Williams said...

Oh Kristin - just love your quilt, such a talent! You need to sell them. I have one that we LOVE, but it's all ripped up now. ha
Glad you are still keeping that baby inside...he's just gotta hang in there a few more weeks anyway. I keep up with ya'll on here, but just finally got a google account. Love and miss you all.