Monday, December 27, 2010

My Dad Turns 60

The weekend of December 4th I flew down to College Station to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday.  My Dad's birthday is actually Christmas day but everybody got together to celebrate before hand.  I got to spend Friday night with my Mom and Mark eating some great Mexican food.  Saturday morning the girls got to go shopping at one of my favorite places, Charming Charlies.  Unfortunately, there is not a Charming Charlies in Hawaii.  After my shopping fun, I got to surprise my Dad at his hotel.  He didn't even notice I was standing there until I said something.  Everybody got a kick out of the surprise.  That evening we got to visit with people we haven't seen since I was a little kid.  I'm so glad that I was able to be there and visit with everyone.  Although, it felt weird to have two nights without children.  I always felt like I was forgetting something.  It was nice to have some time to myself but everything was way too quiet.  I thought two days without my family would be a piece of cake but I was definitely ready to get home!  I'm going to blame it on the pregnancy hormones, but I actually cried in the airport on the way home.  I'm such a baby!
Casa Rod in downtown Bryan with the fam.  Soooooo good!

No comments: