Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Little While Longer

It looks like we will be in Monterey, CA for a bit longer than we thought. Brandon took his big test last week. The scoring of the test is really weird and hard to explain, so I will just say that he did not pass the listening portion of the test(he got a 1+). He did well on the speaking and reading. A lot of different things could have happened becaues of this, but we were very lucky. Brandon has been moved back into the class before him and will have another chance to take the test in 6 weeks. He has this week off, then starts back up next Monday. Now that he knows what to expect from the test and knows exactly what to work on, I think he will do fine. We were very excited about the fact that we were about to move on, so in that aspect it is difficult. Brandon is also very frustrated because he knows he understands the language. I guess we could be stuck in worse places, right?

4 comments:

Jenkins' Family said...

We know how you're feeling. Like I told Adam just because one doesn't pass the DLPT doesn't mean one doesn't know the language. Good luck over the next couple months and enjoy your time, you'll miss a lot of things about the area when you leave.

Kaelee said...

Hey, I saw you on Amber's blog and thought I would see what you guys are up to. Like Amber, we know how you're feeling, but it is great that he got rolled and gets a chance to take the test again. It's hard to have plans one way and all of the sudden they change and you have to get used to it but you're right, Monterey isn't so bad! We miss it a lot. Good luck!

Kaelee said...

I know we missed saying goodbye to a lot of people, they told us we had one week to move. It was not fun. I'm in Utah while Matt is in Washington (survival training) and then he's on to Nebraska for a couple months before we move to Japan. We're hoping we can get there before the baby comes. Post is good, better than being rolled. Good luck and enjoy Monterey before you go, I miss so much about it that I didn't realize I would.

Amanda said...

Hey, this is Amanda Larsen! How are you guys doing? I too found you on the Jenkins' blog and thought I'd see how things are going for you. I'm sorry to hear that Brandon failed the DLPT... I seriously hate that test. The good news is that a friend of mine from my class just finished his post-DLPT status, having gotten the same score as Brandon the first time, and just got a 2+ 2+, so it's doable for sure. Do you know where you'll be ending up eventually? Where were his original orders for? We'd love to see you guys here. It's amazing! Oh, I wanted to let you know...I'm pregnant! :) My first OB appt is on Monday but I'm estimated at 8wks today and due on 13 Feb 2009! I thought you might find that exciting. :) Anyway, my email is abrinkof@gmail.com and our blog is www.ialarsen.blogspot.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!