Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tsunami Warning

On March 10th, following a 7.9 magnitude Earthquake off the coast of Japan, the tsunami sirens ring here in Hawaii.  That was a very scary moment.  It was about 10:30PM when the sirens started going off and they went off every hour until 3:00AM.  We had no idea what to do at this point because we had only been here for a few months and had never had to worry about a tsunami.  I’ll admit that during the first hour I had to talk myself out of panicking.   Once we learned more about the tsunami’s size and our evacuation zones I was much better.  Thankfully we did not have to evacuate and the tsunami did very little to the island.  Our prayers go out to everyone in Japan.

1 comment:

Becca said...

That would be super scary! I'm glad you guys are okay.