Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Creative Kids

Lately, I have been trying to adjust our television habits during the day. I used to leave the TV on for background noise but I noticed that all Jacob wanted to do was watch movies. So, we now turn off the TV and listen to music and I am so impressed with the difference in myself and the kids. The kids play with each other more and are much more creative in how they play. Zoe and Jacob emptied out their toy bins and played in them. Jacob pretended they were in the car and would make sure Zoe was "strapped in" before he would look at me and say, "Mommy, I'm driving!" Zoe loves getting in and out of the bins, then flipping them over and standing on top of them.


Jacob loves to play with his play-doh, but we have to wait until Zoe takes a nap (she likes to eat it). Today Jacob made a snake for each person in our family. He was very particular about the length of the snake being a good comparison to the person. In the first picture you can see there are four snakes all varied in size. In the second picture there is an extra small or "baby" snake. I asked Jacob to tell me who the snakes were. He pointed at all of them in turn and said, "Daddy snake, Mommy snake, Jacob snake, Zoe snake, and baby snake." I asked him if he thinks Mommy should have another baby and he replied, "Yeah, Mommy have nother baby!"

I had to laugh. Jacob will just have to do with his baby sister Zoe for a while longer.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Ooh, I love this post! I am all about keeping the tv turned off--so you go, girl!

And I love the snakes that correspond with the family members.

Aren't kids just the best? I love being a mommy!

Jenkins' Family said...

Yes, I have to remind myself several times a week to turn the TV off, sometimes I just don't realize how long it's been on while I do the daily chores around the house. The kids are looking so grown up and adorable as ever. Miss you guys.